Heat pumps are wonderful machines for comfort and savings, but they aren’t cheap to purchase up front.
Thankfully there are a couple of programs available to help you finance the install of a ductless heat pump and if you currently have a home heated electrically there could be a rebate available for you as well.
Financing with Nova Scotia Power
The on-bill financing program offered by Nova Scotia Power is the most popular financing option for Truro and area homeowners.
To access this program you need to be the owner of the home and have the power bill in your name.
Financing is available from 3 to 10 years at a competitive rate of 7.0%.
The monthly financing amount is simply added to your regular NSP utility bill.
To get started with NSP on-bill financing here are the steps to follow:
- Contact Conroy Refrigeration (form or phone number on this page) and set up a time for one of us to come by and provide a quote for equipment and install.
- Submit the NSP financing application (which we will provide you with) for the total installed amount of the system you’d like to purchase
- We will receive the details from NSP in 7-10 business days regarding your application.
- A representative from Conroy’s will contact you to arrange a time to install your new heat pump.
Take the 17-sec Heat Pump Quiz and get your answer now!
Rebates through Efficiency Nova Scotia
If your home is electrically heated then you should qualify for the green heat rebate through Efficiency Nova Scotia.
This rebate is a $350 rebate given to you after install is completed. The catch is you must
a.) Pre-apply for the rebate
b.) Have one of Efficiency Nova Scotia’s pre-approved cold climate heat pumps installed
Here’s the complete list of pre-approved units. All Daikin equipment that Conroy’s sells and installs qualify for this program.
To take advantage of the rebate all you need to do is:
- Contact Conroy’s to arrange a time for us to come and provide a quote for system install in your home
- Complete the Green Heat rebate application form available on here.
- Contact us once you receive approval from Efficiency Nova Scotia to arrange a time for installation
- After installation complete the final documentation required to claim your rebate from Efficiency Nova Scotia.
Efficiency Nova Scotia also offers low-interest financing at 4.99% up to 5 years for your heat pump purchase as well. Again, this is only for electrically heated homes.
Have more questions about financing or rebates? Give us a call.
If you’d like to take the first step toward getting started with financing, applying for the rebate or both give us a call or submit the form on this page to arrange a time for an estimate.